Skip to content

How to contact us

There are a number of ways you can contact Sheffield City Council and the Joint Learning Disabilities Service.

Sheffield City Council

If you want to get in touch with the Sheffield City Council about something general like Blue Badges, street lights and road problems you can ring between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday:

Sheffield City Council 0114 273 4567

If you have a Minicom, use this number 0114 273 5028

First Point

First Point is the council one-stop-shop in the city centre where you can go to speak to someone about any council service.

First Point is based at Howden House on Union Street in the city centre. It is open from 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday. You or someone on your behalf can call in to speak to a member of staff during these times.

Adult Services Access Team

If you want to find out more about getting social care support, you can contact the Adult Services Access Team:

Telephone: 0114 273 4908


Getting help out of hours

If you need to contact us outside office hours or at the weekend, you can telephone our out of hours service

Sheffield City Council on 0114 273 4908

Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust on 0114 271 6310

Community Learning Disabilities Team

If you are already in touch with the Joint Learning Disabilities Service about either social carer or community health care, you can contact the Community Learning Disabilities Team. There is now one team for the city, based at Love Street. You can contact us on the following number.

Community Learning Disabilities Team

33 Love Street, Sheffield, S3 8NW

Tel: (0114) 226 2900*

Fax: (0114) 226 2901

*This number is very similar to another Sheffield number. Please make sure you enter this number correctly when you ring.

If your call is picked up by an answering machine, please do not leave any confidential messages. If you leave your name and number the team will be able to return your call.

Thank you for your vigilance.

Sheffield City Council: Tell us what you think

You can also make a compliment, comment or complaint about any service you get from the Joint learning Disabilities Service by filling in the Sheffield City Council Tell us what you think form.

Signpost Sheffield website: Tell us what you think

We are always looking for ways that we can make this website better. Tell us what you think of it by filling in our Feedback Form.